The following items are necessary before an application will be considered:
- Completed Moncrief Scholarship Program Application (2 pages)
- Essay describing your life experiences, why you should be considered for the Moncrief Scholarship, and your goals in the study of turfgrass management in the golf industry
- Required academic information (see below)
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor in the golf course maintenance department at a golf club or course. Letter must be signed and include a phone number and email.
Required Academic Information:
For incoming freshmen:
- High school transcript of grades through first semester senior year
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) scores from high school
For current college freshmen:
- College transcript (showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
For current college sophomores and juniors:
- College transcripts (showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0)
Deadline for the 2020-21 school year is 3:00 p.m. on March 1, 2020. All information must be received on or before the deadline to be considered for the full scholarship amount. All applications will be formally reviewed in the spring and you will be notified if a personal interview is necessary. Photographs are not allowed to be submitted with the application. All documents, including transcripts, should be opened and attached to the application. Applications should be submited as one complete package.