The following items are necessary before an application will be considered:
- Completed Yates Scholarship Program application including two essays
- Required academic information (see below)
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors at the GSGA Member Club(s) where applicant and/or parent is employed
Required Academic Information
For incoming freshmen:
- High school transcript of grades through first semester senior year
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or American College Testing (ACT) scores
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or other school administrator. Letter must be signed and include school phone number and email.
For current college freshmen:
- College transcript (showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
For college sophomores and juniors:
- College transcript (showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0)
Deadline for the 2023-24 school year is 3:00 p.m. on March 1, 2023. Applications can be submitted starting January 1, 2023. All information must be received on or before the deadline to be considered. All applications will be formally reviewed in the spring and you will be notified if a personal interview is necessary. Photographs are not allowed to be submitted with the application. All documents, including transcripts, should be opened and attached to the application. Applications must be submitted as one complete package.
* It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure the transcript is not password protected.