Interclub Matches may seem like a big undertaking to those clubs that have never participated in a similar style competition before. Utilizing a well-organized Golf Professional, Team Captain and GSGA, the Interclub Matches can be handled quite easily.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Teams will consist of a minimum of 8 male players, Additional players may be added to the team at any time during the regular season.
- Eight players will compete each month in Four-Ball matches during each portion of a regular season match-up (session).
- One (1) player on the team each session may be a club golf professional or represent the club staff, i.e. assistant professional, etc.
- Four-Ball match play points are awarded in a Nassau scoring format (F9,B9,18) totaling 3 points in a Four-Ball match and totaling 24 individual match points in an entire home and away regular season session. To win a session, a team must total a minimum of 12.5 points.
Each match-up (session) will consist of four home matches and four away matches against that month’s scheduled opponent.
- Entries Open, February 1st, 2018
- Entry Deadline – February 28th, 2018
- Pod/Draw Party/Captains Meeting – March 2018
- Schedule Deadline – March 31st, 2018
- Regular Season including make-ups completed by July 31st, 2018
- Championship Finals – August 25-26, 2018 at Currahee Club, Toccoa
CLUB ELIGIBILITY: Open to any current GSGA member club in good standing meeting the following criteria:
- a. TYPE 1: Owns and/or operates at least one 18-hole golf course measuring at least 6,400 yards.
- b. COURSE RATING: Has a current and valid USGA course rating/slope issued by the GSGA within last 10 years.
- c. HANDICAP COMPLIANCE: Has a designated handicap committee in place as required by the GSGA membership agreement and the USGA handicap system manual.
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY: Open to male amateur golfers and golf professionals who meet the following criteria:
- a. CLUB MEMBERSHIP: Amateur players must be full dues paying active golf members in good standing with the club and appear on the handicap roster by March 1st, 2018.
- b. GHIN #: An amateur player must have an active GHIN number.
- c. PROFESSIONALS: A member of the club’s professional staff who is a full time employee of the club is encouraged to participate. Touring Professionals belonging to a club, are ineligible to participate. Note: Only one professional is eligible to play per team each match session.
- d. AGE: Players and professionals’ must be at least 21 years of age as of the date of the match in which they wish to participate.