2018 Four-Ball Championship
Event DateApr 27, 2018
LocationCoosa Country Club
Entries OpenJan 15, 2018
Entries CloseApr 11, 2018
The 47th playing of the Georgia Four-Ball Championship takes place at Coosa Country Club in Rome, Friday, April 27, through Sunday, April 29. The field of 80 teams will compete over 54 holes of four-ball stroke play with the field cut to the low 40 teams and ties after 36 holes.
This competition was open to two-man teams of male amateur golfers.
Host Club: Coosa Country Club
Coosa Country Club is hosting it 21st GSGA-sanctioned competition this year and first Georgia Four-Ball Championship. The golf professional is Brian Albertson and the superintendent is Tim Cunningham. The club phone is 706-234-7131 and website is www.coosacountryclub.org.
Directions: I-75 North to Exit 290/Highway 20. Turn left at the end of Highway 20, then right on Highway 41. Follow Highway 41 to Highway 411. Turn right on Highway 411; travel 20 miles to Rome exit. Proceed to downtown Rome. Turn left on Broad Street. Turn right on Branham Avenue. The club is on the right.
- The defending champions, Jeff Belk of Marietta and Robert Sheats of Atlanta, return in hopes of claiming back-to-back titles at the Georgia Four-Ball Championship. They would become the first duo to repeat as champion since Georgia Golf Hall of Famers from Columbus Carter Mize and Wright Waddell did it in 2003-04.
- Joining the defending champions, Jeff Belk of Marietta and Robert Sheats of Atlanta, are four other teams back from last year's top five.
- Chris Waters of Marietta and Billy Mitchell of Roswell earned runner-up honors a year ago.
- Keith Guest of Athens finished third last year with Kyle Stiles of Athens, but this year is playing with Timothy Schaetzel of Atlanta.
- Bob Royak of Alpharetta paired with partner Josh Upton of Suwanee to finish fourth, but this year joins Scott Cunningham of Johns Creek.
- Fifth-place went to Cres Dodd and Kyle Hosick, both of Cartersville. This year Dodd is teamed with Steve Davis of Rome.
Get Social with GSGA
Log on to www.gsga.org for daily results and other GSGA news. Be sure to follow the GSGA on Twitter (www.twitter.com/gsga) using the hashtag #GSGA4BallC, Facebook (www.facebook.com/gsga1916) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/gsga1916) to receive daily updates from this competition.